Research & Ranking Case study
ACHIEVED HIGH CAPABILITY BY MIGRATING TO AWS CLOUD SERVICES
About The Client
Equity Market Research Firm In India, As part of Equentis group, we have had the advantage of being full time into the world of investments, with primary focus on equity markets in India since 2009.
Ten years on, we have built the India’s first online non-discretionary equity advisory company which also offers customized research reports. We are regulated by the SEBI and backed by a passionate team of professionals having significant experience in financial markets, equity research and technology.
The Business Need
With the expansion of operations, the number of web and mobile applications increased, and the expected increase in demand and new opportunities required a much more robust technology infrastructure. Additionally, the intricate architecture, with the mixed-use of open-source and enterprise technologies, required a large-scale and robust cloud service that was scalable and secure! The existing service provider had the following challenges: performance issues, downtime issues, best practices being compromised, unable to address the need for redundancy, auto-scaling, and disaster recovery. As they were running on public server, being prone to risks was inevitable.
Research and Ranking team wanted to migrate their system to AWS for better availability and reliability. They were also looking at external security elements available with AWS, to be included to improve overall security.
The organisation was looking for a partner with AWS expertise to help develop its complete infrastructure.
Dotsquares, an Select AWS Consulting partner with expertise and experience in successful cloud migration services, was chosen by the Client, to help in the migration to AWS Cloud.
Dotsquares team of Cloud Architects had several assessment and discovery sessions with the Client’s infrastructure and DevOps teams, to understand the latter’s requirement for migration to AWS Cloud. The team then conceptualized and created a robust and customized solution around AWS services for the migration. The following proposed solution was implemented by Dotsquares for a successful migration to AWS, while ensuring that the best practices and business continuity principles are also applied.
- Amazon EC2 was leveraged as it provided resizable compute capacity in the AWS cloud. By offering IaaS, it also provided complete control of computing resources, which could be scaled as per requirement.
- AWS IAM was used to manage access to AWS services and resources securely.
- MySQL Servers, their main database management system, which they were running was migrated in negligible downtime.
- Amazon Aurora, which is fully managed by Amazon RDS, was leveraged. This provides the security, reliability, and high availability. Amazon RDS automates time-consuming administrative tasks too.
- Being a fintech solution platform, security was a critical factor. AWS WAF was used to help protect web applications or APIs against attacks that could impact availability and security along with consuming excessive resources.
- Amazon CloudWatch was used to monitor the applications and alerts in case of any changes in resource utilisation or unhealthy servers, wherein timely action could be taken.
This migration to AWS cloud has brought in several benefits to Research & Ranking platform.
- There was a significant improvement in handling a higher number of customer traffic.
- Scalability was established for any future requirements.
- A significant reduction in costs was observed despite higher volumes of traffic. In fact, savings up to 30 percent with few more optimisations is expected with the migration.
- The response time on the website and the app is much faster with fewer downtimes.
- There has been an overall improvement in user experience too.
- All earlier manual interventions, such as regular backups, fault tolerance, and mirroring, have been automated with this transition.
Dotsquares is an AWS Select Consulting Partner with multiple competencies that offers end-to-end cloud solutions across industry verticals. We are a cloud partner that is agile, precise, innovative, and quick with solutions providing 24*7 support and monitoring for our services. Our organization has 100% AWS certified cloud engineers who work seamlessly to make cloud a business benefit for you.
Being ISO/IEC 27001-2013 certified, Dotsquares has successfully earned hundreds of satisfied customers. We have few thousands of VMs launched and migrated hundreds of cloud deployments and a significant number of managed services clients. We currently process hundreds of customer requests monthly.
Over the years, Dotsquares has achieved new competencies in its journey to becoming a premium cloud service provider.
Dotsquares Team is always ready to help without any delay. Their constant support and 24X7 availability helped us in many critical scenarios.
I would definitely recommend them to others.
Client Name : Anjali Pal
Company Name : Equentis Wealth Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
Website Name : https://researchandranking.com