AWS Migration Acceleration Program is a structured method to help organizations coordinate a seamless and powerful move to the cloud. It comprises three phases: 1. Assess, 2. Mobilize, 3. Migrate and Optimise. Each phase has an important role to play. The assessment phase helps you identify the capabilities required in the migration and build a TCO model. The mobilize phase lets you build the operational foundation and provides clear guidance on migration plans. This clear planning and preparation establish your migration readiness status. It also ensures that all the leaders, budget holders, stakeholders are informed of any upfront work that’s needed before migration.
Importance of a Cloud Adoption Strategy
Cloud Adoption is an important step to achieve digital transformation, thanks to the multiple business advantages offered by cloud computing. A cloud migration must be handled carefully. Rushing into cloud adoption without the proper preparation could create security issues, broken workflow processes, cost overages, or other issues. Hence, many businesses are using the cloud adoption framework to ensure the success of their cloud migration.
During a Migration Readiness Assessment, various parts of the business are evaluated against the CAF’s six perspectives of business, people, governance, platform, security,
and operations. It helps you identify the gaps in any existing skills, processes, and capabilities that might hinder success in the cloud.
Through MAP (Migration Assessment Program), businesses can build effective AWS cloud foundations, accelerate and reduce risks and offset the initial cost of migrations.
AWS’ Cloud Adoption Framework Important Six Perspectives
1. The Business Perspective helps you build a global business model with a long-term perspective to grow and adapt to changing market needs. It provides great planning opportunities, end-to-end control of business risks, maximizing the satisfaction of the end-user needs, and other benefits to managers and business owners.
2. The People Perspective helps HR and personnel management to prepare the staff for the journey to the cloud. They can leverage this perspective to ensure the right competencies are staged in place during the right time.
3. The Governance Perspective offers guidance on identifying and implementing best practices for IT governance and also supports business processes with the appropriate technology. This perspective integrates IT Governance and Organizational Governance.
4. The Platform Perspective helps you design, implement and optimize the architecture of AWS technology based on business goals and objectives. This perspective helps to enhance the network infrastructure built with AWS.
5. The Security Perspective provides recommendations for the right structure of management points and helps reduce IT workloads for the Network Security team.
6. The Operations Perspective lets you run, use, operate and recover IT workloads to a point that meets the requirements of your business stakeholders. This perspective strives to help stakeholders identify how they can update organizational processes and staff skills to support cloud migration.
After realizing all six perspectives, you’ll need to:
1. Finding out who is in your company is responsible for the implementation of cloud technologies (chief specialists)
2. Define questions and concerns that can make cloud adoption complicated.
3. Make a list of skills and tasks required to enhance the implementation process.
4. Create an action plan to close knowledge or workflow gaps.
With our expertise in AWS cloud solutions, we can help organizations drive innovations and transform their business model. For more information about our company and services, kindly visit our website : AWS Certified Consultants – Dotsquares Ltd.